Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Special Visit

This afternoon I was sitting out with a few of our neighbors letting the kids ride bikes and play. Have I mentioned how much I love our little street, it is so awesome.

We saw a fire truck and a police car drive past our house down the street no lights were on but they were on there way somewhere.

A few minutes later they were leaving instead of just pulling out of our track they stopped in front of the house, they got out and said hi to all the kids and gave them fireman hats and stickers. It was so nice! The kids were all excited and felt very special.

We love our local heroes!!

Luckily I had my phone on me and was able to snap a few pictures!!



3 comments:

Aaron Shaw said...

That is so cool! I like you local Heroes too!!!

Katie Anderson said...

That is awesome! What a fun surprise for the kids...and you!

karin said...

I love when we see firemen at the store, they give the boys stickers and tell them to be good boys for their mom.