Friday, January 30, 2009

SEVEN


Seven is the number of straight hours of sleep I got the past TWO nights. That's right after six and a half months of every three hours I finally said enough is enough. Ryder has taken up bed in his carseat in the other room. It has been a much needed blessing as since he has begun teething he has been screaming all day everyday unless I am standing and holding him. He has been by far my most challenging baby.....first the NICU, then the horrible collic and now the HORRIBLE teething. The poor thing, plus he hates baby food and when he eats it he gets horrible gas....seriously if you are ever with me and get a wiff know now it is not me you won't believe me they are the stinkiest farts ever!!


I know that most of you think I am nuts because he is so happy when we are out and about and happy when he is held but I assure you do not let this face fool you. I try so hard to just breath and remember that he is my little baby and I try to enjoy him. Yesterday I was so frustrated.....I had to put him in his bed and just walk away for fear that I would scream at him or loose my mind. I just wish he could tell me what he needs so that we could enjoy him ALL the time.

Look at those poor eyes this was after three plus hours of non stop crying...my poor baby! He is such a dear!

Here are the hams they are loving getting their pictures taken lately...such posers

8 comments:

Darci said...

I feel for you, Gwenie was AWFUL until she got off breast milk at 3 months. Sorry that Ryder is lasting so much longer with all the non sleeping and crying. I was ready to pull my hair out every day and was a big B because she was so awful. This is why I am SCARED to have more.

karin said...

Lovin' your new background (btw). He is so cute and happy when you are out, maybe you should never be at home?

cari said...

I am so happy for you that Ryder slept so long. Yay!!! Now can I get some advice on how to keep my 3 and 5 year old from getting in bed with us in the middle of the night???

The McLane Blog Page: said...

i am so sorry to hear Ryder is having a hard time. I understand the crazy, frustrating feeling of only getting a few hours of sleep each night until they are awake again. I didn't realize how hard that part was going to be until I was living it & it's only been a week and a half!!!! I'm so sorry, but glad you've been able to get sleep these last two nights!!!

The Four on Board said...

abby...i am so sorry. i do have to say he is freakin adorable though. and looks a lot like sawyer to me!

Unknown said...

I love how your kids always prove the contrary in public. I really feel for you girl...every bit of it!I am so glad you got some sleep though...it does wonders! Aww sleep what is that again?

Hancocks said...

Man, I seriously know how that feels! My first was EXACTLY like that and it was HARD! You'll get through it though and wonder what all the fuss was about!!! Good luck! At least he's smiling part of the time, right? He looks so sweet!

Bethany said...

I am SO jealous of your sleep right now!! He is adorable eventhough he screams! He just likes to show-off! Scotty does the same thing!