Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The threes.....

This is a really long story but I have to document these funny things somehow....caution only read on if you won't be bored.....




It is only Tuesday and I am already wondering is it Friday yet? Whoever said terrible twos were awful clearly did NOT have a three year old. I really thought that Noah would be helpful once Ryder was born, I really thought that Sawyer would be the one I would be wanting to pull my hair out over. But wow was I wrong. Really I love Noah's personality...he is totally me all his spunk, sass and energy are totally traits that I have. No wonder we don't get along. We have been struggling with Noah since I came home from the hospital...seriously the first day I got home and I told him it was time to get ready for bed he told me to go back to the hospital...???? And whenever I am taking time away from him with the baby when he needs something he tells me that baby Ryder needs to go back to the hospital. He is actually hilarious half the time I am fighting off laughing at him. I have read a million books and a million things online trying to find the perfect parenting plan...nothing is worth it to him, time out doesn't phase him, he could careless about a threat of a spanking. Yesterday I took him with me to Ryder's dr. appt he was horrible I totally had an out of body experience where I was just like really is this my life....what was I thinking? Because he was out of control I put him in his room with a few books and stuffed animals to sit there until Jeff got home.., the first thing he did was try to escape out the window...yes he managed to take the screen off luckily with no damage I only wish I had grabbed the camera again he is funny..he was in there for about 2 hours....and so far today he is doing much better. He even went poop on the potty this morning all by himself. Maybe the fear of being alone was enough for him....I know I hate to be alone. We will see how the rest of the week goes. I just hope I can survive the wonderful age of three!!

7 comments:

karin said...

I am SO glad you blogged about this because in a few months (okay maybe years) you are going to have forgotten how hard (and funny)this was.

Darci said...

I think this post is great birth control!!! I am scared to have more and feel overwhelmed. Sorry, that sucks, most people have said that 3 is much better than 2, but like everyone says every child is different.

Unknown said...

maybe being alone is your best bet, since Noah is so much like you. You hated to be alone and would follow me from room to room no matter where I would go. But look to how great you turned out!!!! xoxoxox

shanda said...

First off I love your new page. Really cute. I can only imagin what you are dealing with. I know that you and will make it through. You will soon tell that story at his wedding. Love ya

Darcy said...

I think I have at least one out of body experience like you had everyday! Zander is a very smart sassy monkey...I feel your pain :0( There is nothing worse then a dr. appointment with all three...don't ever do it! I have done it several times and by the end I am ready to kill a few! Can't wait for Friday Brody has his 15 moth check up!

Unknown said...

Abbie you are a trooper! You're a good mom, and know that there are sooo many other mothers out there with the same feelings as you.

Jamie said...

Yay! I have company! You described Anna perfectly. Welcome to the "If I don't laugh at her/him, I may kill her/him" club. :) They are sooo tiring but, sooo much fun, aren't they?