Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Update.....



Well I came home yesterday....unfortunately without Ryder. He is being monitored for a few more days. He was having a little bit of trouble with acid reflux which was causing his heart rate to drop and making him stop breathing a little bit. They put him on medicine and he has been doing much better and is eating GREAT. He is also jaundice, they have him on the lights which makes me feel a little bit better not being able to be there 24/7. We really can only hold him during feedings, so we are heading down to the hospital as much as we can to hold him and feed him. If he continues to not have any more spells of not having to be stimulated to breathe he should be able to come home Friday or Saturday. It was really hard to not bring him home with us but as it turns out Sawyer has croup so it is probably best that we get him better so that Ryder can come to a safe and clean house. We really appreciate all the phone calls, emails, texts. We really feel loved by so many and really feel so blessed. So many people have offered to help and we just feel so grateful, we wish there was more to be done but really it is a waiting game and just hope it will all be over soon so we can all be under one roof together. Thanks again!!

6 comments:

karin said...

I am impressed that you are blogging. And really, I have tons of people waiting to hear what they are doing for you (your family). So email me and tell me what you want. (that sounds really pushy, but I think I need to be a little-love ya)

Darci said...

So crazy! I would be going nuts and I know you are too. Gwen had Jaundice and so I know how that goes. We are here for you any time and willing to do whatever you need.

The Four on Board said...

ditto both girls...we are waiting...so whenever you need to give orders you have many girls to come to your rescue. even if it happens to be in three weeks from now...:) but i figure by then you will be at disneyland..the mall..the pool...something different every day for little Ryder :)

Jamie said...

We love you guys & you are all in our prayers. Cant' wait to see the little guy!

Heather said...

Ryder is so cute! We can't wait to meet him in person!

Tiersha said...

Best of luck. I'm thinking about you guys everyday!! Love you all!!!