Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A WEEK

Wow to say this week has been a whirlwind would be an understatement. Having a baby in the NICU is such an emotional roller coaster. I wish I could say that since I have done it before and I knew that we would most likely have another premie that I was handling it like a pro. But I would be lying.

We have had SO many wonderful people surrounding us with whatever we may need. It is still so hard. I feel so guilty for not being there with Rhys and when I am with Rhys I feel guilty for not being home with the other boys. So basically my new name is guilt.

Rhys is doing really well the most frustrating part is waiting every day we hear someone else's opinion about when he will get to come home. I feel a little silly when people ask how he is doing because there isn't much in the way of updates. He is eating really well about every other feeding he gets exhausted so quickly. He is waking up every two to three hours ready to eat. Which is great!

He so far hasn't had to be on the lights for jaundice which I am shocked about because all of our other kids have had to be.

He is still in his incubator he is holding his own temp. But they don't want him burning too many calories in between feedings.

So hopefully in the next few days we will have a time frame or the good news that Rhys will be coming home. We sure miss him!!


No comments: